A good offense is the best defense when it comes to acne. Get acne treatment in Woodlands, TX today.
Teenagers and young adults are more likely to suffer acne due to hormonal changes. However, some adults may also suffer from acne for the first time.
The good news is that clearer skin is possible with a consistent skincare routine and an acne treatment plan.
Feel more confident with our acne treatment options in Woodlands, TX, that offer immediate and long-lasting results!
What causes acne?
Acne is a common skin condition that affects up to 50 million Americans. It’s so common, yet we still do not know how to treat it properly. What people do not realize is that there are different types of acne, and there are also different factors that cause acne. Knowing these things can help prevent and treat acne.
There are different types of acne: comedones (whiteheads and blackheads), papules, pustules (inflamed papules with pus), nodules, and cysts (pus-filled and usually cause scars). Acne can be caused by various factors, including dead skin cells, excess oil, hormone changes, stress, or a poor diet.
Learn More Here: Non-invasive Facelift: 7 Ways to Prevent Premature Aging
Our doctors at Woodlands Wellness & Cosmetic Center will diagnose you accurately and provide the acne treatment that will work for you.
How can I stop acne before it appears?
Here at the Woodlands Wellness & Cosmetic Center, our acne treatment aims to prevent inflammation and reduce breakouts before they even happen.
Here are other ways to prevent acne from forming and taking over your life:
1. Cleanse the skin every day.
In order to keep your skin healthy, it’s important to wash it regularly. Doing so helps remove surface oils and dead skin cells that can clog your pores.
But too much washing can damage your skin, causing it to become too dry or causing acne to worsen.
2. Use benzoyl peroxide when necessary.
You probably heard of benzoyl peroxide when you had your first pimples. Benzoyl peroxide is a popular and effective acne treatment that kills acne-causing bacteria.
Another benefit of this popular acne treatment is that it removes excess oil on the skin and reduces the buildup of dead skin cells.
3. Add a retinol product to your skincare routine.
Retinol is not your average anti-aging ingredient. Retinol is also an excellent acne treatment!
It works on the skin’s surface and middle layers to unclog pores, smooth scars, and improve tone and texture.
4. Wash your face after sweating.
Sweat can get into your pores and attract dead skin cells and bacteria. After exercising, remember to wash your face because sweat can clog your pores and contribute to acne.
5. Avoid hot showers.
Taking a hot shower or washing your face with hot water may seem relaxing at first, but it won’t do your skin any good. Hot showers strip your skin of natural oils, leading to acne breakouts.
It can also dry out your skin, which will increase oil production. Dry skin hampers the skin barrier and is more prone to skin conditions.
6. Use cold water to wash your face.
Washing your face with cold water helps prevent acne as it regulates oil levels on your skin. It also helps reduce the appearance of pores and depuffs the face.
Cold water is also helpful if you have rosacea, as hot water may cause blood vessels to dilate more.
7. Exfoliate regularly but do not overdo it.
Regular exfoliation helps reduce breakouts by keeping the pores from becoming clogged with dead skin cells and sebum. Exfoliation also results in smoother and softer skin.
Exfoliating brushes and over-exfoliating (2 to 3 times a week is enough) can worsen acne since the exfoliation causes more inflammation and acne bumps.
8. Use skin care products that won’t clog your pores.
It’s important to use hydrating toners, moisturizers, and sunscreen products; however, ensure that these won’t further clog your pores.
Keep your pores clog-free (and acne-free) using skincare products labeled as non-comedogenic and non-acnegenic.
9. Be consistent in your skincare routine.
You may have a long day and are probably too tired to do your skincare routine. But please, never skip! Consistency is the key when it comes to skincare and acne treatment.
Your skin needs time and a consistent routine to be nourished appropriately to look its best. Choose a daily skincare routine that suits your skin’s needs, and stick to it. Consistency and patience are essential to prevent acne and get gorgeous skin in no time.
If you ever get acne, never pop or squeeze your pimple! Squeezing can push infected material and pus deeper into the skin, causing swelling, redness, and permanent scarring.
What to Expect: Acne Treatment in Woodlands, TX
It’s important to understand that acne isn’t a one-size-fits-all condition, so not all treatments work for every type of acne.
Here at our Woodlands, TX clinic, we offer a variety of safe and effective acne treatments to help you be more confident about yourself.
- Chemical Peels – Chemical peels can help address the root cause of acne, uneven skin tone, and even acne scarring. These treatments will leave your skin looking flawless and radiant.
- DiamondGlow – DiamondGlow is an excellent acne treatment option as it deeply treats congested skin and acne.
- HydraFacial – Whether you suffer from acne or not, HydraFacials are an excellent, non-invasive solution that significantly improves the texture and tone of your skin.
- Laser Genesis Facial – By gently heating the deeper layers of the skin, Laser Genesis eliminates dirt, oil, and bacteria that cause acne.
- Prescription Medicine for Acne – Our treatment options include topical and oral medications for acne.
- Functional Medicine – By using hormone therapy and food allergy testing, we treat the root cause of acne, hormone imbalances, and food sensitivities that may contribute to acne.
- Supplements – With a patented formula of vitamins A, C, and diindolylmethane (DIM), this nutritional supplement helps keep acne at bay.
- Skin Care Products – Providing your skin with extra support and nourishment to prevent acne, our clinic offers a line of professional skin care products.
Get the best Acne Treatment in Woodlands.
Look and feel more confident with a wide array of acne treatment options in the Woodlands Wellness & Cosmetic Center.
Woodlands Wellness & Cosmetic Center specializes in regenerative and functional medicine and offers cosmetic procedures as well. We believe that functional medicine enhances overall wellness and addresses cosmetic concerns.
We believe that identifying and resolving underlying health concerns is the best way to lead a healthy life. Learn more about acne treatment and how you can get glowing, healthy skin.
Contact Woodlands Wellness & Cosmetic Center at (281) 362-0014 for a complimentary consultation.