Andropause Treatment | Woodlands, TX
Testosterone Replacement Therapy for men to treat “Male Menopause” safely
At Woodlands Wellness and Cosmetic Center, our doctors understand that there is an actual medical condition known as andropause. It is technically the same thing as hypogonadism, or more simply, “low testosterone.” But no matter what you call it, it is a group of debilitating symptoms that occur in men over 40 due to age-related testosterone decline.
A man’s testosterone level peaks at about the age of 20; after that, it starts a steady decline of 1 to 2% per year. By the time you reach the age of 60, most men can expect their testosterone level to be half of what it was when you were in your 20s!
That steady reduction of testosterone leads to many of the symptoms related to andropause, such as:
- Erectile dysfunction and lack of libido
- Lack of energy
- Weight gain
- Mood swings and cognitive difficulties
Our doctors also understand that the collection of debilitating symptoms associated with male menopause are not only caused by testosterone decline. Age-related hormone imbalances of other critical hormones such as human growth hormone also can play a significant role.
Men between the ages of 35 and 65 who have low testosterone almost always are also suffering from age-related growth hormone loss.
This is why we include growth hormone among our programs for andropause treatment so men can look and feel young and vital and continue to live life to its fullest!
Did you know that there is such a thing as “male menopause”?
What Are the Benefits of Andropause Treatment?
Treating the symptoms of male menopause with testosterone and growth hormone therapy has been clinically proven to improve the quality of life for men suffering from andropause. Within the first few weeks of our andropause treatment, one of the first things that men notice is an increased libido or sex drive and improved sexual performance. Once you are have been treated for andropause for a month or more, you can expect:
- Improved Energy, Strength, and Endurance – improves your body’s ability to burn fat, which results in higher metabolism and more energy.
- To Build More Lean Muscle – improves your ability to burn fat and helps you build more lean muscle. Lean muscle further boosts your metabolism, providing more energy and vitality. As you build muscle, you will also lose weight, particularly belly fat.
- Increased Bone Density – stronger, healthier bones, which decreases your risk of osteoporosis-related fractures.
- Improved Heart Health – Men with andropause are at a greater risk of death from stroke or heart attack. Andropause treatment can improve heart health and reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Better Moods and Improved Emotional Wellbeing – Andropause treatment has been shown to improve mood and lessen the occurrence of anxiety, depression and keep men on a more even emotional keel.
- Better Memory and Improve Cognitive Skills – Andropause treatment can improve memory and your ability to perform complex cognitive tasks.
What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Andropause?
Unlike menopause in women, which occurs at a specific point in time, the symptom of andropause in men develop more gradually over time. These include:
- Decreased libido
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Increased risk of heart attack and stroke
- Increased risk of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Osteoporosis – poor bone density and increased risk for fracture
- Decreased muscle mass
- Stiffness in muscles and joints
- Poor exercise performance
- Cognitive decline
- Increased fatigue and irritability
- Decreased zest for life
However, testosterone therapy has proven to reduce and, in many cases, eliminate most, if not all, of the symptoms of andropause in men.
What Makes Us Different?
At Woodlands Wellness, we realize that not all patients with age-related hormone loss will have the same set of symptoms or the same health and wellness goals. We will tailor your program of Hormone Replacement Therapy to your unique needs and lifestyle to maximize your benefits and optimize your results.
Drs. George and Sakina Davis and the entire staff at Woodland Wellness are committed to making sure that all of our clients receive expert care from providers who specialize in regenerative and functional medicine. This unique approach identifies and resolves underlying health problems that affect both body and mind. Functional medicine boosts overall wellness and addresses cosmetic concerns.
We Proudly Offer Our Patients the Following Services:
In addition to hormone replacement, clients at Woodlands Wellness and Cosmetic Center also have access to a full range of aesthetic treatments. The practice specializes in antiaging services, including Botox®, injectables, chemical peels, and skin tightening treatments. Woodlands Wellness and Cosmetic Center also offer state-of-the-art procedures like CoolSculpting® to help clients achieve their aesthetic goals without surgery.
Our goal is to help as many people as we can age optimally and continue to enjoy all the things they love about life!
Contact us today at 281-362-0014 for a complimentary consultation to see how you can benefit from hormone replacement therapy of any of the antiaging services offered by Woodlands Wellness and Cosmetic Center.
Common Questions About Andropause Treatment
Andropause is a collection of symptoms that are caused by an age-related drop in male hormone levels. The same group of symptoms is also known as testosterone deficiency, “low testosterone,” or hypogonadism.
Your testosterone levels generally peak during adolescence and early adulthood. As you age, your testosterone level gradually declines — typically about 1% a year after age 30 or 40. Testosterone therapy is designed to return your testosterone levels to normal.
Low testosterone can be caused by some disease conditions or genetic defects. However, the most common cause of low testosterone is age-related. Once you are over 40, your testosterone level steadily declines, leading to the many debilitating symptoms of andropause.
The signs and symptoms of andropause, also known as low testosterone or Low-T include:
- A decrease in libido or sex drive
- An overall feeling of reduced virility and vigor
- Changes in mood
- Erectile dysfunction
- Loss of stamina
- Loss of muscle tone
- Weight gain
- Loss of memory and other cognitive issues
Andropause, or low testosterone, is diagnosed with a simple blood test to determine your testosterone level in your blood. If it is found to be below normal, you may be a candidate for testosterone replacement therapy.
Hear what people are saying about us. Read the amazing reviews and testimonials from real-life patients we help every day. Woodlands Wellness and Cosmetic Center amazing anti-aging treatments are nothing short of life-changing.